Monday, March 3, 2008

Six Days To Election

Yes folks it is the last week for campaining before the elections. Every candidate will be busy trying t garner the votes. There are a few seats that I am eager to watch to see who wins. Especially those with 'famous' opposition candidates making their first attempt in elections like Nurul Izzah Anwar and Jeff Ooi. Me, I will be voting for the boring Segambut seat where the two candidates are GERAKAN Ma Woei Chyi and DAP Lim Lip Eng. The incumbent was Gerakan Dr Tan Kee Kwong who had previously won with a majority of 16,968. I really have no idea who Ma Woei Chyi and Lim Lip Eng are, let alone theirr track record. This is the first time I have heard their names. For the previous MP Dr Tan Kee Wong I often saw him as he often attend the functions at open houses and school functions. He is of course the son of the illustrious Tan Sri Dr Tan Chee Khoon also known as ‘Mr Opposition’. However for some reason he was dropped from the seat. I wonder why.

It is sad that PKR is fielding Nurul Izzah at Lembah Pantai, as it will be an uphill task for her going against three-term Lembah Pantai member of parliament Shahrizat Abdul Jalil. Read the story in Malaysiakini here.

However, let's hope that there will be a lot of upsets of the big guns.

2 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam bro,

My apologies for an off topic comment: Can you please upload this video to your blog - its at mine now:
http://talkonly.blogspot.com/2008/03/lie-half-truths-and-truth.html

Miqdad said...

Done I have put it on my blog.